A major part of your real estate social media content strategy should involve sharing content that directs eyeballs to your agency website (blog, listing or profile). Transaction-ready buyers and sellers are looking for expert guidance and advice in the form of “How to’s” and “Local area knowledge” information.
Making your content stand out can be hard and the headline you use needs to create a great first impression. Headlines fall into a variety of types, but there are three that work well on social media.
Social Proof Headlines
This type of headline relies on tapping into the fact that people want to know how others have achieved success or some goal that they would also like to achieve.
- Here is a Method That is Helping [world class example] to [blank]
- Why I [blank] (And Maybe You Should Too)
- The [desired result] That [world class example] Is Talking About
- Join [impressive number] of Your Peers that [take desired action]
- [desired result] Like A [desired group or person]
- How [impressive number] Got [desired result] in [time period]
- Like [world class example] You Can [desired result]
- [world class example] Reveals Ways To [desired result]
- A Simple Way To [desired result] That Works For [desired group/person]
- How to [desired result] Like [world class example]
These are focused on delivering some kind of direct beneﬁt or useful advice for your audience.
- Discover The [desired result] Secret
- [blank] Your Way To A [desired result] You
- To People That Want To [desired result] But Can’t Get Started
- You, a [desired result]
- Stop [undesired result]
- You Too Can [desired result] in [time period] with [blank]
- How To Become [desired result] When You [something challenging]
- There’s Big [desired result] In [blank]
- You Don’t Have to Be [something challenging] to be [desired result]
- Little Known Ways to [blank]
- How to turn [blank] into [desired result]
- How To Build a [blank] You Can Be Proud Of
- Get [desired result] Without [undesired result]
- Get Rid of [problem] Once and For All
- Improve/Increase Your [desired result] In [time period]
- Imagine [desired result] And Loving Every Minute Of It
- Here’s a Quick Way to [solve a problem]
- Get [desired result] Without Losing [blank]
Highlighting a risk and providing a way to mitigate against it.
Headline writing is a real skill that takes a lot of practice, but there are some basic formulas that can be useful to know and that you can adapt to suit your content and objectives. Here are a handful from each of the above types.
- The Biggest Lie In [your industry]
- Don’t Try [blank] Without [desired action] First
- [blank] May Be Causing You To Lose Out On [desired result]
- At Last, The Secret To [desired result] Is Revealed
- Why you shouldn’t [do what I desire them to do]
- Why [blank] Fails and [blank] Succeeds
- The Ugly Truth About [blank]
- What Everybody Ought to Know About [blank]
- Your [blank] Doesn’t Want You To Read This [blank]
- The Sooner You Know [blank] The Better
A great headline can be just the thumb-stopper that you need to stand out from the crowd. Spend time thinking about your headline when sharing content but ensure that it does accurately reflect the longer form article/video/data insights/infographic/listing that you are sharing.
Make your next read our article “Stuck for Real Estate Social Media Content Ideas?”
Sandrino Breshani is our resident social media marketing and ad optimisation expert at Adfenix. A seasoned digital marketing professional, Sandrino ensures that each and every Adfenix campaign is reaching the right audiences for our real estate customers.